For years, PHLP has published two bi-monthly newsletters, the Health Law PA News and the Senior Health News. Now, we publish the Health Law PA News on a monthly basis.
HEALTH LAW PA NEWS
The Health Law PA News is a newsletter dedicated to informing health care consumers, advocates, and providers about developments in publicly-funded health care programs. We aim to provide practical information that allows readers to better understand health law issues, recognize how upcoming changes will affect them, and identify areas where additional advocacy is needed.
- Large Numbers of People Impacted By Change in Medicaid Physical Health Plans
- Community HealthChoices Goes Forward
- Much At Stake As New Administration Develops Health Care Proposals
- Marketplace Open Enrollment Ends January 31, 2017
- Pennsylvania Awarded Innovative Behavioral Health Grant
- DHS Working to Improve Access to Medicaid for Those Leaving Jails and Prisons
- PA Budget Address Scheduled for February 7th
SENIOR HEALTH NEWS
Until December 2013, this newsletter provided information for Older Pennsylvanians with limited incomes and their advocates/providers about the various programs that serve them. Effective January 2014, these two newsletters have been combined into a single monthly publication titled Health Law PA News. The combined newsletter continues to report on topics of specific interest to seniors and persons with disabilities, such as Medicare, the Medicare Savings Program, the Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidy (LIS), and Home and Community Based Services Waiver programs.
To view past editions of either newsletter, please see the newsletter archive.