For years, PHLP has published two bi-monthly newsletters, the Health Law PA News and the Senior Health News. Now, we publish the Health Law PA News on a monthly basis.
HEALTH LAW PA NEWS
The Health Law PA News is a newsletter dedicated to informing health care consumers, advocates, and providers about developments in publicly-funded health care programs. We aim to provide practical information that allows readers to better understand health law issues, recognize how upcoming changes will affect them, and identify areas where additional advocacy is needed.
- Problems Emerge at the End of the SW CHC Continuity of Care Period
- Upcoming Webinar: Preparing for Your Community HealthChoices Appeal
- Moving Towards Implementation of CHC in the Southeast Zone
- FED Start Date Pushed Back to September 1st
- Changes to Medicaid Transportation & the Human Services Code included in 2018-19 Budget Agreement
- Medicaid Consumers Must Report Changes to Income or Household
- MAWD P.O. Box Closure Causes Premium Payment Problems
- Judge Blocks Kentucky’s Medicaid Work Requirements
- An Update on CHIP Rescission
SENIOR HEALTH NEWS
Until December 2013, this newsletter provided information for Older Pennsylvanians with limited incomes and their advocates/providers about the various programs that serve them. Effective January 2014, these two newsletters have been combined into a single monthly publication titled Health Law PA News. The combined newsletter continues to report on topics of specific interest to seniors and persons with disabilities, such as Medicare, the Medicare Savings Program, the Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidy (LIS), and Home and Community Based Services Waiver programs.
To view past editions of either newsletter, please see the newsletter archive.