The CHC Managed Care Plans continue to work with Tempus Unlimited, Inc (Tempus) to prepare for the transition from PPL to Tempus as the new financial management services provider starting July 1, 2022. This change impacts CHC Participants who use the participant-directed model to hire their direct care workers – it does not impact anyone getting their Personal Assistance Services or direct care workers (DCWs) through an agency.
- Attend an in-person drop-in session in eight (8) locations across Pennsylvania. People who live in an area with a drop-in session can go and get help completing transition packets and training about how to use Tempus’ new system for recording and approving time. See the schedule here.
- People need to start using Tempus’ systems for recording and approving time in June. People on Payroll Schedule A need to start using Tempus’ system to record time on June 5, 2022 . People on Payroll Schedule B will start using Tempus’ system to record time on June 12, 2022. DCWs and CHC Participants who have not yet enrolled in Tempus’ systems should contact Tempus’ EVV Online Help Desk or attend a General Question and Answer Session as soon as possible. If people live near an in-person session and are able to attend, they can get personal assistance registering for the new system and learning how to use it. People who are having problems recording their time in Tempus’ system should contact Tempus for assistance.
- CHC participants and their DCWs will use Tempus’ smartphone app and portal to record and approve time.
- Here is the link to the Tempus portal that is called EVVIE: https://fms-one.bluebedrock.com/users/sign_in. People must be registered to use this system.
- People can contact the Tempus Help Desk Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm for help with problems downloading the app or using the portal. Click here for more information about the Help Desk.
- CHC Participants and their Direct Care Workers who have not yet completed a transition packet should do so as soon as possible! People can now check the status of their transition packet on Tempus’ website here. People can also contact Tempus at 1-844-983-6787 or PAFMS@tempusunlimited.org to get this information.
- Language access: CHC Participants and Direct Care Workers who need a transition packet in a language other than English should contact Tempus at 1-844-983-6787 or PAFMS@tempusunlimited.org.
- Connect on Facebook: Tempus has set up a new Pennsylvania-specific Facebook page where they will share important links and updates with consumers and DCWs.
- Important dates for enrolling new CHC Participants and Direct Care Workers into the self-directed system:
- CHC Participants who are new to self-direction began registering with Tempus on May 7, 2022.
- Efffective May 20, 2022, new DCWs now need to be registered through Tempus.
- Any paperwork that has not been fully processed by June 3, 2022 will be transferred from PPL to Tempus for completion.
Please see PHLP’s recent blog post for a full list of actions CHC Participants need to take to prepare for the transition from PPL to Tempus.