February 18, 2022 Update: The transition from Public Partnerships LLC (PPL) to Tempus, as described in this article from January, has been delayed from April 1, 2022 to July 1, 2022. Stay tuned for additional details.
Community HealthChoices (CHC) Participants who use the participant-directed model and who currently use Public Partnerships LLC (PPL) will move to Tempus Unlimited, Inc. as their new financial management services provider starting April 1, 2022. Financial management services include paying direct care workers and handling other aspects of self-directed care. Please see the article we released last month for more background information about this change.
This change impacts over 11,000 CHC participants! Below is a recap of important information and action steps that people impacted by this change need to be aware of:
- Moving to Tempus: All CHC participants and their direct care workers who currently use PPL will be transitioned to Tempus. There are no exceptions.
- Transition Packets: Everyone who is moving from PPL to Tempus should have received transition packets by the middle of December 2021. This includes every CHC participant who acts as a “Common Law Employer” as well as every direct care worker they hire to provide their care who gets paid by PPL. If someone has not yet received their packet, please contact Tempus at 1-844-983-6787 or email them at PAFMS@tempusunlimited.org. Individuals can also visit Tempus’ website to request their transition packets.
- Mandatory Trainings about Electronic Visit Verification (EVV): Between now and April 2, 2022, Tempus is holding trainings every Monday through Saturday about their timesheet submission and approval process. These trainings are mandatory for every CHC participant/Common Law Employer and every direct care worker they hire. There are different sessions depending on whether someone is the participant/employer or the direct care worker. Sessions are scheduled both during the day and in the evening as well as on Saturdays. While attending a training is required, pre-registration is not required. Please click here for the training schedule, more information about what is covered during the training, and how to join the training sessions.
- General Q&A Sessions: Tempus is holding one-hour general question and answer sessions between now and April 1, 2022. The sessions are scheduled every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 10am-11am and Fridays from 4pm-5pm. Pre-registration is not required. Please click here for details about joining these sessions.
- FMS Stakeholder Meetings: On the first Friday of every month, the Office of Long-Term Living hosts a public meeting to discuss the upcoming change from PPL to Tempus for CHC participants who self-direct their care. Representatives from Tempus provide updates about the transition and representatives from the CHC managed care organizations are available to answer questions. CHC Participants who are Common Law Employers, their direct care workers, and anyone else who is interested are encouraged to attend. Information about how to join the next stakeholder meeting on February 4th at 1pm can be found here.
CHC Participants who are having problems getting their transition packets or having problems attending a training are encouraged to contact PHLP’s Helpline at 1-800-274-3258 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information is available on Tempus’ website. Readers are also encouraged to join the Office of Long-Term Living’s Community HealthChoices listserv for updates about CHC and the transition from PPL to Tempus, including announcements about the monthly FMS Stakeholder meetings.